Saturday, January 12, 2002
Early this week, the notebook computer I ordered at work came in, and I brought home for the first time last night. I had shown it to Drew, and needed to put it away, so I told him that it was going to sleep.
Mary thought she would have a little fun and suggested to Drew that the computer would like to have one of his stuffed animals with which to sleep. Well, Drew thought this was a fine idea, so he rushed upstairs to fetch one!
By the time he got back down, I had shut the 'puter and set in on a table. Drew had brought down his beanie baby whale and asked where the 'puter was. Once I pointed it out, he went over to it, and lifted it up so he could KISS it goodnight (his idea)! He then put it down and lay his whale gently on top of it.
This is just the sort of thing that makes life with Drew so interesting. In part, Drew was having a bit of fun, but he also has a very caring side that he still has very little trouble expressing.
-John
Mary thought she would have a little fun and suggested to Drew that the computer would like to have one of his stuffed animals with which to sleep. Well, Drew thought this was a fine idea, so he rushed upstairs to fetch one!
By the time he got back down, I had shut the 'puter and set in on a table. Drew had brought down his beanie baby whale and asked where the 'puter was. Once I pointed it out, he went over to it, and lifted it up so he could KISS it goodnight (his idea)! He then put it down and lay his whale gently on top of it.
This is just the sort of thing that makes life with Drew so interesting. In part, Drew was having a bit of fun, but he also has a very caring side that he still has very little trouble expressing.
-John