Friday, February 15, 2002

It is now Lent. Our new parish here in town, Infant Jesus, has such a large French population that it is hard not to feel out of place seeing all the French names in the bulletin. We are giving thought to changing our name for the time here to something like 'Martineau' or Martinet'. Anyone have any ideas for other names?

Drew saw the TV become fuzzy today, like it does when something has gone really wrong with the visual component and said 'Mommy, come here, the TV is furry.' I was puzzled, I hadn't a clue what he meant til I saw it. :-) That was probably the highlight of my day.

Here is more on our winter vacation that I cannot bear to forget:

The night before we left, while the rest of America was glued to the Super Bowl, especially the New Englanders, we realized the skis may not fit in a car, if the shuttle co. sent a car to shuttle us to the airport in Boston. So we called and a stretch limo was sent, for just $10 more! Drew just loved it. We even took pictures inside of each other :-)

As soon as we set foot in Boston, I took one look at the bags sitting on the curb and noticed that the most important one (in a mother's eyes) was left behind. My backpack filled with snacks and toys, games and books that I had painstakingly purchased to prepare for a whole day in airports, was sitting back home. Boy, I just felt like crying. My practical husband made me get over my sadness right away and, to our relief, we found an extension of the Boston Children's Museum gift shop inside. Soon, I scooped up a few choice items and we were on our way again, mostly composed :-)

After a lovely day on two flights, we arrived in Hayden, CO and stepped down the stairs out onto the runway to exit the plane. Neat for Drew to see the plane he had just flown on.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?