Sunday, February 17, 2002
(mary) John is away on a brief trip on business to Monterey, planning a conference with some other engineers. I told Drew tonight when tucking him in that he can sleep in my bed since there is room now and he was delighted. He said 'Mommy, bring me in just as soon as you go to bed.' (as if I would wait til later in the night to bring him in?!) and then he inquired why grownups go to bed so much later than little kids. Then he added, ' Mommy can I sleep late? I sure like doing that. It gives me more energy.' I felt like saying 'just for you.'! Yes, we will sleep as late as you let me, as long as we can still get you to school at 12 pm on time!
He also mentioned to me that now that Daddy is gone do I have to do all the work? So I told him the truth, that taking care of him is just a joy.
He also mentioned to me that now that Daddy is gone do I have to do all the work? So I told him the truth, that taking care of him is just a joy.