Sunday, February 17, 2002
(Mary) Just now Drew had a time out. He has become very unhappy having to take a time out all by himself and asked if someone could be with him. When told no, he asked if Rory could be with him. Since time outs seem effective for Drew to focus on his behavior, I said yes. So now Rory took a time out too. When 'they' were done, I released them and pretended to be talking to Rory about his behavior, as I do with Drew after time outs. I said 'Rory, are you going to behave better now?' and Drew stuck up for him right away. 'He didn't do anything wrong!!' I explained that I was just joking and that I wasn't being mean.
He seems to be quite attached to Rory these days. I made him go upstairs to get something by hinself, for I thought he could handle it and I was busy making dinner. He complained that a caveman was in his room making him nervous. So he got Rory to go up with him :-)
He seems to be quite attached to Rory these days. I made him go upstairs to get something by hinself, for I thought he could handle it and I was busy making dinner. He complained that a caveman was in his room making him nervous. So he got Rory to go up with him :-)