Thursday, March 28, 2002
Firsts, firsts, firsts....(Mary)
Hi everybody. It has been forty eight hours of firsts! Boy, and I thought most of the firsts were behind us. Yesterday, I went to Confession at our church, on the very last day to get your sins absolved before Lent ends. I have not been feeling very well, nauseous and passing out from exhaustion practically, so I waited til ot only the last day for this, but the last time slot! it was six in the evening and Drew went with me. I knew it would be brief, not like a whole hour in church, and he usually behaves well if he kows what to expect in advance. So he went to the confessional for the first time. A friend of mine earlier warned me that he might later repeat to someone what I had confessed! Oh no!!! Oh well, a chance I would take. So when itwas our turn we walked in and this was a confessional where the priest is not separated by a wall from you. He walks in the very door you do and sits back further in the confessional than the parishioner. Anyway, Drew walked right to the back and waved at him! I was grabbinghid hand and guiding him over to where we were to kneel. Drew was fine with the whole thing. Earlier he told me, 'all right Mommy I won't talk in there. If I have to say something I will whisper.' WE talked and he understood that there was to be no whispering either! So we celebrated with a stop at Wendy's on the way home to get his all time favorite, chicken nuggets.
This am I was again tired in mid am, but I could not stand looking at Drew's hair much longer. It was getting a bit raggedy. I had received a hair cutting kit from jeanne for Chirstmas and have really been getting a kickout of using it. I use it on myself and Drew; John won't let me near him! So he was quite itchy by the end, and he insists just like John to shower afterward. Since I was about to get into the shower, I had him join me. He has always showered with John just out of habit or convenience, thoughh he usually bathes. So that was a new experience - showering and toweling off at the same time.
Another first and this was probably the best. A dear friend of mine just called and Drew is playing at her home with her 5 year old daughter now, Bethany. The four of us walk to school togetherm or should I say the six of us (our dogs go too) and will be in the same K class in the fall together. I am often a bit nervous when I pick up the phone and he is playing there, to find out if something happened or if he had a bad accident. But she asked if he could stay longer, as they were having such a bang up time.
Happy Easter everyone if we do not talk to you, or see you, sooner.
Hi everybody. It has been forty eight hours of firsts! Boy, and I thought most of the firsts were behind us. Yesterday, I went to Confession at our church, on the very last day to get your sins absolved before Lent ends. I have not been feeling very well, nauseous and passing out from exhaustion practically, so I waited til ot only the last day for this, but the last time slot! it was six in the evening and Drew went with me. I knew it would be brief, not like a whole hour in church, and he usually behaves well if he kows what to expect in advance. So he went to the confessional for the first time. A friend of mine earlier warned me that he might later repeat to someone what I had confessed! Oh no!!! Oh well, a chance I would take. So when itwas our turn we walked in and this was a confessional where the priest is not separated by a wall from you. He walks in the very door you do and sits back further in the confessional than the parishioner. Anyway, Drew walked right to the back and waved at him! I was grabbinghid hand and guiding him over to where we were to kneel. Drew was fine with the whole thing. Earlier he told me, 'all right Mommy I won't talk in there. If I have to say something I will whisper.' WE talked and he understood that there was to be no whispering either! So we celebrated with a stop at Wendy's on the way home to get his all time favorite, chicken nuggets.
This am I was again tired in mid am, but I could not stand looking at Drew's hair much longer. It was getting a bit raggedy. I had received a hair cutting kit from jeanne for Chirstmas and have really been getting a kickout of using it. I use it on myself and Drew; John won't let me near him! So he was quite itchy by the end, and he insists just like John to shower afterward. Since I was about to get into the shower, I had him join me. He has always showered with John just out of habit or convenience, thoughh he usually bathes. So that was a new experience - showering and toweling off at the same time.
Another first and this was probably the best. A dear friend of mine just called and Drew is playing at her home with her 5 year old daughter now, Bethany. The four of us walk to school togetherm or should I say the six of us (our dogs go too) and will be in the same K class in the fall together. I am often a bit nervous when I pick up the phone and he is playing there, to find out if something happened or if he had a bad accident. But she asked if he could stay longer, as they were having such a bang up time.
Happy Easter everyone if we do not talk to you, or see you, sooner.