Sunday, March 24, 2002

(Mary) A few days ago, we happened to get what will probably be the last snowstorm of the year, and what a storm it was. Beautiful as all get out. It continued all day, just like a good snowstorm will, even into the evening hours. This is my favorite type, the slow and steady kind that lasts. By evening the snowflakes had all joined up with others in the air floating down, and the sky was filled with HUGE CLUMPS of snow filling the air in all directions. I gazed out at the grandeur of it all, and how it was transforming ourneighborhood into the place of magic, and noting how fortunate I was to be here at this moment with Drew and Rory to enjoy it. (In past years, I may have been at work barely able to enjoy it.) I said to Drew, 'is there anything more gorgeous than a fresh snowfall like this?' Well, he thought a moment and decided that yes, there certainly was. 'Yes, it is colored candy'. That is my son, snips, snails, puppy dog tails and a HUGE SWEET TOOTH!

Last night around 2 John was still downstairs doing something on the keyboard (very unlike him to be up at that hour). I would not have known, except that I heard Drew scream, so I got up and heardhim getting out of bed quickly. I didn't want to frighten him so I hadn't said anything. When he saw me approaching in the shadows of the hallway, he screamed again. Later when he was calm he told us he was frightened when he heard the computer b/c he thought it was a ghost on the computer since it was the middle of the night. John felt JUST TERRIBLY about it. Drew came to sleep on our floor in his sleeping bag, beside, Rory for the rest of the night.

A few mornings ago, Drew and I were sitting down to breakfast; or rather he was while I remained at the counter with my back to him putting together my own breakfast. I heard all of a sudden lots of loud noise, noises of the chairs and/or table moving around. I was about to scold him about this breing a time to eat, not play when I heard his voice calmly say, 'Mommy, I pushed out your chair for you.' (He was stuck in his booster seat and had fenagled a way to push out my chair with his legs.) What a proud moment.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?