Sunday, March 10, 2002
(Mary) This weekend Drew was cuddling up to me as he does when he wakes up and comes in. He said 'open your mouth' and I asked why. He replied that he wanted to give the baby some air!
He often says something we think is poignant or cute and we often laugh, though I never felt we were laughing AT him. He has become sensitive to it and has asked us not to laugh anymore (after he says something).
John and Drew made me a belated birthday cake tonight and it was beautiful - spice cake, vanilla frositng and as they say around here, jimmies on top. Drew asked if he could help me blow out the candles and we did it together. He helped John make it while I rested my poor abdomen, weary from the miserable first trimester blues.
You know all those Valentine's Day decorations illustrated with hearts all around someone who loves another? Apparently they have made quite a clear impression on our five year old. He noted to me Friday,(we were taking care of a friend's dog for the weekend), 'Mommy, when I see Nellie (the dog), hearts come out of my body.'
He often says something we think is poignant or cute and we often laugh, though I never felt we were laughing AT him. He has become sensitive to it and has asked us not to laugh anymore (after he says something).
John and Drew made me a belated birthday cake tonight and it was beautiful - spice cake, vanilla frositng and as they say around here, jimmies on top. Drew asked if he could help me blow out the candles and we did it together. He helped John make it while I rested my poor abdomen, weary from the miserable first trimester blues.
You know all those Valentine's Day decorations illustrated with hearts all around someone who loves another? Apparently they have made quite a clear impression on our five year old. He noted to me Friday,(we were taking care of a friend's dog for the weekend), 'Mommy, when I see Nellie (the dog), hearts come out of my body.'