Monday, April 22, 2002
As Drew and I arrived home from the store today, I opened his car door and watched him pretend to be asleep. so I went along with this game and mutered to myself about how precious he looks while he sleeps. He was enjoying this and let me carry him inside the house. As we went in it was apparent he was 'waking up' and and I put him down, since I had to get the groceries. He was disappointed and burst out crying. When I asked him what was the matter, he cried about how sad it was going to be when he grows up and I can no longer carry him. He was just heartbroken, simply devastated.
Drew was out playing with his pal and neighbor Ethan yesterday when Ethan invited him to play in their yard. His mom, my friend Ann, came by to ask if they could play indoors after a while. I said sure, and that we would be over soon to join them. I guess Drew did not hear me, for when John and I showed up at their home to join inthe playtime, he was devastated. He thought that because we showed up, that we were there to take him home.
When we were watching Magic School Bus this am, Drew heard Ms. Frizzle speak of the richness of knowledge or something like that. he got a serious look on his face like he was pondering this,a dn he replied that 'the rich should give some of their money to the needy ones'. He sure is developing a social conscience.
We were watching Croc Files this evening on TV's Animal Planet and he saw a scene where some poison was put out in certain areas where dingos go to attempt to control some of the population from kiling some of the farm animals. The poison isn't breed selective, though, and unfortunately, a fox was found dead in the desert and was caught on film. Drew asked if it was dead and wept. Boy, he was profoundly sad.
Drew was out playing with his pal and neighbor Ethan yesterday when Ethan invited him to play in their yard. His mom, my friend Ann, came by to ask if they could play indoors after a while. I said sure, and that we would be over soon to join them. I guess Drew did not hear me, for when John and I showed up at their home to join inthe playtime, he was devastated. He thought that because we showed up, that we were there to take him home.
When we were watching Magic School Bus this am, Drew heard Ms. Frizzle speak of the richness of knowledge or something like that. he got a serious look on his face like he was pondering this,a dn he replied that 'the rich should give some of their money to the needy ones'. He sure is developing a social conscience.
We were watching Croc Files this evening on TV's Animal Planet and he saw a scene where some poison was put out in certain areas where dingos go to attempt to control some of the population from kiling some of the farm animals. The poison isn't breed selective, though, and unfortunately, a fox was found dead in the desert and was caught on film. Drew asked if it was dead and wept. Boy, he was profoundly sad.