Saturday, April 20, 2002
(mary) Boy, neither John or I have entered an entry for about 3 weeks. Definitely testament to an overwhelming busy three weeks, which I have every hope will be slowing down. Yeah!!! I have spent the better part of the past two months trying to endure the overwhelming tired feelings of passing out, at any time of day, from the very powerful hormone of pregnancy, hcg. I feel the most accurate term for how I have been feeling recently is 'going through my days unconsciously.' It has been almost comical how strong the feeling of passing out is. Many nights John invites us out to dinner with him, to meet him after work, but I just do not hve the energy to sit upright in a chair for that long.
Yesterday was a special day in preschool for Drew, called 'Special Person' Day. Each student is to invite a special person to him/her in to experience the day with the student. Drew has been specially bonding with John lately so I really hoped John would be able to go, but we were only given two days notice and it wasn't possible. So Drew asked me to be his special person. Many kids had relatives there. It was fun for me to have Drew show me around and do all his favorite activities with me, but also to spend a bit of time (I do mean a 'bit', for his class is only 2.5 hrs long) with the moms and dads. He showed me a bean plant he has watched grow from a seed, to a seedling, to a booming plant and then brought home. We played a game at the computer and read a book from the 'library' and a girl without a special person sat down and listened too. She was darling. About an hour before class ended her daddy was able to come! Boy, was she elated.
Drew kept asking if I was leaving. I remembered why he kept asking - I had told him ahead of time that if I got really tired I may have to leave. Luckily I did not! Thank God, for I could see what it meant to him to have me there, along with the rest of the kids. So I kept finding if I walked away for a drink, or to set down my camera or what have you, he never failed to ask if I was leaving. When we were walking home he reached down and picked up a dandelion and gave me saying, "This is for you for being my special person." What a special moment!
Some friends of ours are renting a wood splitter to split wood today and are having a 'party' to enlist help so I think we will go on over. Then Drew has a birthday party later, beginning at a fire house! That should be different. Then back to the boy's home for cake, ice cream and pi~nata.
Yesterday was a special day in preschool for Drew, called 'Special Person' Day. Each student is to invite a special person to him/her in to experience the day with the student. Drew has been specially bonding with John lately so I really hoped John would be able to go, but we were only given two days notice and it wasn't possible. So Drew asked me to be his special person. Many kids had relatives there. It was fun for me to have Drew show me around and do all his favorite activities with me, but also to spend a bit of time (I do mean a 'bit', for his class is only 2.5 hrs long) with the moms and dads. He showed me a bean plant he has watched grow from a seed, to a seedling, to a booming plant and then brought home. We played a game at the computer and read a book from the 'library' and a girl without a special person sat down and listened too. She was darling. About an hour before class ended her daddy was able to come! Boy, was she elated.
Drew kept asking if I was leaving. I remembered why he kept asking - I had told him ahead of time that if I got really tired I may have to leave. Luckily I did not! Thank God, for I could see what it meant to him to have me there, along with the rest of the kids. So I kept finding if I walked away for a drink, or to set down my camera or what have you, he never failed to ask if I was leaving. When we were walking home he reached down and picked up a dandelion and gave me saying, "This is for you for being my special person." What a special moment!
Some friends of ours are renting a wood splitter to split wood today and are having a 'party' to enlist help so I think we will go on over. Then Drew has a birthday party later, beginning at a fire house! That should be different. Then back to the boy's home for cake, ice cream and pi~nata.