Monday, April 29, 2002
(Mary) Last week Drew and I were crusing down 101A, one of the main drags in our new town, a shopping district with lots of stores and fast food restaurants. We happened to be passing close to Taco Bell, one of our favorites, as I have come to crave the shell-less taco salad and he likes the cheese quesadilla. He saw it and asked if we could eat out tonight. I replied that I was pretty tired and jsut wanted to be home curled up on a sofa, the way the hormones were affecting me lately. I also gave him the excuse that I didn't have 'real money' - only credit cards, knowing that this Taco Bell only takes cash. He replied very quickly that 'Don't worry, Mommy, we can go home and raid my piggy bank'. Boy I was touched that he wanted to treat us to dinner. We will make a point of going soon. Lately after 5:30 at night I am nearly unconscious and it is hard to even remain sitting upright. Wow, I CANNOT WAIT til this trimester is over!! I am seriously feeling like an invalid some days.
A few days ago Drew and John were playing with John's childhood Legos together and John reminded him that after the baby is born we will have to be very careful about picking up the tiny Lego pieces particularly(choking hazards) but also the large ones. Drew replied something like 'that is one reason I don't want the baby around - having to do that.' But we feel it is important to let him express his feelings, so we hear him out. Soon I am going to sign him up for an older sibling class.
It has been very rainy and cold this week, after having 95 degree weather about 2.5 weeks ago. I am afraid winter is just hanging around way too long! Even my bones are getting chilled now, I am sure of it. Last night we had a fire in the fireplace and candles to warm up the house and it just what the dr. ordered. We had gotten marshmallows and chocolate and graham crackers on the way home from church and sure enjoyed the smores. Drew knows Buzz called them shmo's in Toy Story, so that is what he calls them. Either way, they were yummy.
A few days ago Drew and John were playing with John's childhood Legos together and John reminded him that after the baby is born we will have to be very careful about picking up the tiny Lego pieces particularly(choking hazards) but also the large ones. Drew replied something like 'that is one reason I don't want the baby around - having to do that.' But we feel it is important to let him express his feelings, so we hear him out. Soon I am going to sign him up for an older sibling class.
It has been very rainy and cold this week, after having 95 degree weather about 2.5 weeks ago. I am afraid winter is just hanging around way too long! Even my bones are getting chilled now, I am sure of it. Last night we had a fire in the fireplace and candles to warm up the house and it just what the dr. ordered. We had gotten marshmallows and chocolate and graham crackers on the way home from church and sure enjoyed the smores. Drew knows Buzz called them shmo's in Toy Story, so that is what he calls them. Either way, they were yummy.