Sunday, May 12, 2002

(Mary) MOTHERS' DAY SPECIAL

We were watching one of my new movies that the boys gave me today, Meet The Parents. Now, ordinarily, we do not consider showing an 'adult' movie when Drew is up, but we showed the outtakes and they were so hilarious he liked them too and they were perfectly appropriate. So we were watching the movie after the outtakes and the scene came up where the bride gets blasted by the bullet-like volleyball in the nose. John and I had already seen the movie so we knew she was going to be just fine, but Drew of course did not know this at all. We were bursting out nearly hysterically laughing and unexpectedly Drew yelled at us 'Hey, stop laughing! Stop laughing! She is badly hurt!!' I was touched he was being so thoughtful of her.

Also during the movie, I had left my plate on the coffee table and it had some pizza sauce from lunch on it. Rory tends to lick plates when we are not paying attention or even steal food, if he can get away with it, for that matter. I happened to look over at one point and caught him licking the pizza sauce off the place and he froze his muscles in guilt. It was quite a sight. His eyes were frozen into mine. He is a very smart dog and knew this had been his last lick for the time being!

In the past few weeks whenever Drew and I are headed anywhere in the car he pretends to be asleep when we arrive. He sits perfectly still and silent when I open up his door, and waits for me to carry him. He has already confessed to wanting to be picked up and carried, liking that attention, so I don't mind, in fact I am kind of touched. These days it is like pulling teeth at times to hug and kiss him, so I will take the affection I can get!

This afternoon was quite chilly and rainy, so we had a fire going and the movie, pizza and popcorn. It made it a lot more cozy. I told Drew we would bring in some toys from the sunroom, which is not heated and was quite chilly today, into the family room to enjoy the fire. He was quite adamant about playing in the sunroom. Fortunately for him, he stays much warmer than John or me, and particulary me lately, as I cannot stay warm enough this pregnancy. So it was not long before he was bargaining with me. "Mommy, I tell you what...." he said wanting to spend some time out there, and some inside. When I vetoed that, he said, "Mommy, if you don't play with me out in the sunroom, I won't let you play with me tomorrow." He is getting quite clever in his attempts.

Drew has been humming the MAGIC SCHOOL BUS theme song for months now, continuously, and it gets old often! John actually asked him yesterday to stop humming it for a while. Drew responded saying, with dramatic sincerity, "But I can't live like that!"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?