Monday, May 13, 2002

(mary) Yesterday John took Drew off to make a Mothers' Day card for me and as usual had a story to tell when they were done. they presented me with presents and the card in bed where I had been resting. Johhn asked Drew if he wanted to use several different colors on the card and Drew replied that he thought I would like it a lot just the way it was, just because it was from him. I had been telling him this lately, expecailly when he came home with presents from school.
One sad incident occurred when Friday Drew brought home a potted plant, a pansy from school and it was hand decorated with colorful glittery stickers (the pot). I had set it down upon entering the house through the garage, since I also had to get the groceries into the frig as soon as possible, it was in the 80s. So when I was making several trips to the garage to get the food and put it away, and then go back for the pansy, Drew asked where I had put my present. I told him I put it down momentarily in the garage shelf and he replied matter-of-factly, that he thought I had thrown it away, since he did not see it! I was so sad that he could have thought that. I try to save his artwork from school in the basement folder, and many of the crafts he makes, but perhaps he tought since he does not see many of these around the house 'forever', they were tossed out.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?