Monday, August 05, 2002
Drew and I have more and more interesting conversations, it seems, more as he gets older. The other day I was filling the dishwasher while he ate breakfast and he mentioned to me, 'Mommy, my shorts are pointy.' and I asked why they are pointy (his pj shorts) and he replied 'Because my penis is pointy now it makes my shorts pointy.'
This afternoon we were having some TV time and he chose a Scooby movie his Grandma had gotten him, so I figured I would read a magazine. Picking it up and getting quite confortable on the couch (it is quite a relief these days to put my feet up and sit and relax) it wasn't long before I heard 'Please put that away.' He tells me allt he time to please watch his programs with him; it seems to mean so much to him. But with so many other things to have to get done, i always try to get in a little 'me' time while he watches TV.
I sat down to watch a little TV once he went to bed and it wasn't long before I saw Drew coming into my room. 'Mommy, could you do me a tiny favor?' he asked. He asked for me to go to the basement to get his blanket. So I told him I would, while he went back to bed. I sat him down and told him I noticed that he often gets out of bed to come talk to us after bedtime. I asked him if it was becuase he wanted to be with us, and he said yes.
This afternoon we were having some TV time and he chose a Scooby movie his Grandma had gotten him, so I figured I would read a magazine. Picking it up and getting quite confortable on the couch (it is quite a relief these days to put my feet up and sit and relax) it wasn't long before I heard 'Please put that away.' He tells me allt he time to please watch his programs with him; it seems to mean so much to him. But with so many other things to have to get done, i always try to get in a little 'me' time while he watches TV.
I sat down to watch a little TV once he went to bed and it wasn't long before I saw Drew coming into my room. 'Mommy, could you do me a tiny favor?' he asked. He asked for me to go to the basement to get his blanket. So I told him I would, while he went back to bed. I sat him down and told him I noticed that he often gets out of bed to come talk to us after bedtime. I asked him if it was becuase he wanted to be with us, and he said yes.