Tuesday, January 21, 2003

I can hardly believe it but it is now 1/21/03 and we have been so very busy caring for two children that we have not taken the time to make postings in quite a while now. But here goes, for some of the more recent happenings have been so very memorable that they really bear taking the time to post.

Since Matthew's birth Drew was quite indifferent toward him but after about seven weeks he began to come around. He began seeing his friends when they were at the house play with Matty and he followed in their footsteps. It was nothing short of amazing. We had to wonder how long he would have come to interact with Matthew if he did not see his friends do that first.

Yesterday on 1/20/03 Drew saw John holding Matty and wanted John's help with somethhing on the computer. But John was holding Matt. So Drew said to him "Can you please stop doing that and give it to Mommy?" We both just looked at each other and cracked up.

Also yesterday Drew, Matt and I were in the car tooling around town and Drew heard a song on the radio, you guys have all heard it for decades, it goes 'I'm a soul man......I'm a soul man...doo doo doo doo....." and Drew inquired 'is he saying I'm a snowman?'
Boy I just could not stop laughing at the thought of this soul-disco tune being innocently mistaken for something like what Drew was describing. Bet the singer would sure be surprised to hear what Drew was asking. Then he saw me cracking up and thought that was great.

Over the weekend we put together Drew's old saucer play thing for Matty (it is like the old fashioned walker type of toy). Anyway, it has a tray on it and I found one of Drew's lego people on it. I reminded him about how we can't leave tiny toys around it because of the choking hazard risk to Matt. I could practically see him thinking, and he said that if he choked he would be really sad. John and I just looked at each other with great pride, til he finished his sentence saying '...because my lego person would be gone forever.'


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?