Monday, February 10, 2003

John came down this AM, and began a conversation with me - I had been up since 6 with Matthew. He told me of a touching moment last night when he was tucking Drew into bed and we always ask Drew what it is that he wants to pray for this night. That day we had been to the children's mass in the basement of our parish, and he had partaken in the question asked of the children '"Does anyone have any intentions today?" Sure enough, after he heard lots of children ask the others to pray for something near and dear to them, he raised his hand. "For my little brother Matthew who has heartburn." Boy was I ever proud that he cared about his little brother. I then asked the others to pray for John who has such a bad back. So this am John told me what Drew asked God for that night - to help his daddy's back stop hurting.' His compassion to John has been very heartwarming over the past year. He has always known that his dad has back pain that never goes away, and it often gets in the way of something he could have done with his dad, but he doesn't complain. Once, we were talking about a pain that Drew had and I mentioned to him that Daddy's pain never goes away, and he was pretty sympathetic. He said "You know I really don't like pain. In fact I really hate it."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?