Saturday, March 08, 2003
Matthew was a bit late getting to bed tonight so I had the chance to be with Drew while he said prayers with John. We typically ask him what he would like to pray for, so it is meaningful to him and so he understands how important it is to thank God, as well as asking for something from Him. Drew asked God to make less 'bad guys' in the world because it hurts out feelings when they steal things. John asked if I knew what he prayed for last night and told me how Drew prayed for me to have a better day than that one. (I had had a *most challenging day* dealing with the aftermath of some outrageous experiences at Dartmouth. It was like living a nightmare dealing with some very difficult people by phone to resolve it. ) I was astounded that he prayed for me and that he remembered my tough day at that moment in time, apparently it had really affected him enough to want to talk about it. I wished that when I am having an expecially tough day that I could still give my boys my focus and attention without being so distracted. I certainly will try.