Wednesday, April 09, 2003
"BIG EYES"
Yesterday I was transporting Drew and Bethany to school with another playmate of theirs, Jenna, when I heard them talking about God in the back seat. Bethany brought up how God is everywhere watching over us wherever we are. They agreed about how God can watch over one town and still another town at the very same time. I was enjoying listening, that is for sure. Then I heard Drew say, in reference to the previous thought about several towns, 'Wow, God must have big eyes'.
Drew turned off the TV yesterday am after geting dressed and having breakfast, for he knows his limit at any given time is two shows in a row. He has a daytime limit also, for total TV shows. He said to me with a very concerned look on his face, "Mommy, there is a problem with my life." I was sort of laughing inside (for I knew nothing traumatic had just happened), but I am confident it did not show. I asked him what it was and he explained that in the morning three of his favorite shows come on, on PBS channels, all in a row, but he is only allowed to watch two at a time. So I explained to him that we can tape one of them so he can watch it later. This seemed to satisfy him. What a neat moment.
Yesterday I was transporting Drew and Bethany to school with another playmate of theirs, Jenna, when I heard them talking about God in the back seat. Bethany brought up how God is everywhere watching over us wherever we are. They agreed about how God can watch over one town and still another town at the very same time. I was enjoying listening, that is for sure. Then I heard Drew say, in reference to the previous thought about several towns, 'Wow, God must have big eyes'.
Drew turned off the TV yesterday am after geting dressed and having breakfast, for he knows his limit at any given time is two shows in a row. He has a daytime limit also, for total TV shows. He said to me with a very concerned look on his face, "Mommy, there is a problem with my life." I was sort of laughing inside (for I knew nothing traumatic had just happened), but I am confident it did not show. I asked him what it was and he explained that in the morning three of his favorite shows come on, on PBS channels, all in a row, but he is only allowed to watch two at a time. So I explained to him that we can tape one of them so he can watch it later. This seemed to satisfy him. What a neat moment.