Thursday, April 17, 2003
Drew and John are having a fierce light sabre fight in the family room. That seems to be Drew's favorite thing to do with John these days. Drew is soooo excited for Griffin to come visit tomorrow with Grandma and Grandpa Keough, and Great-grandma Ellen for Easter. How I wish they could stay longer, particularly Grif, but he has to get back to school.
We took up a huge pile of summer clothes to Drew's room the other day and I had him help me fold them and put them back into the drawers for the summer months. He did a fine job and I think it is cute the way he folds, so carefully wrapping one layer of clothing on top of the other, and then it ends up in a ball like shape. Well the clothes ended up in sort of a pile in the drawer, and you couldn't really tell what was in there, or see all the clothhing choices, like I like it to look. So when I was sure he wasn't looking I carefully took a couple pieces of clothing out and refolded them. I was nortified when he must have seen me and said in a sad voice, 'Please don't fix my folds.' Boy was I busted. I didn't want him to feel like he didn't do a good job of it, because he tried so hard and I think that is what counts.
Drew came home from Bethany's home today, and her grandparents had arrived for a week with them this Eastertime. They met Drew and shortly afterward I picked him up to go home. After he was home I asked hhim about his day, and about his time at Bethany's. He told me of how he felt that her grandparents were not very interested in him. Boy he sure sounded sad. We talked about how most grandparents are most excited to see their own grandchildren. He is getting more and more perceptive to the nuances in the world. He also told me how he felt left out last time Daddy played with Griffin on the video games at Grandpa Jim's home at Christmastime. I had no idea he felt that way. So we talked with Daddy about it later when he came home.
We took up a huge pile of summer clothes to Drew's room the other day and I had him help me fold them and put them back into the drawers for the summer months. He did a fine job and I think it is cute the way he folds, so carefully wrapping one layer of clothing on top of the other, and then it ends up in a ball like shape. Well the clothes ended up in sort of a pile in the drawer, and you couldn't really tell what was in there, or see all the clothhing choices, like I like it to look. So when I was sure he wasn't looking I carefully took a couple pieces of clothing out and refolded them. I was nortified when he must have seen me and said in a sad voice, 'Please don't fix my folds.' Boy was I busted. I didn't want him to feel like he didn't do a good job of it, because he tried so hard and I think that is what counts.
Drew came home from Bethany's home today, and her grandparents had arrived for a week with them this Eastertime. They met Drew and shortly afterward I picked him up to go home. After he was home I asked hhim about his day, and about his time at Bethany's. He told me of how he felt that her grandparents were not very interested in him. Boy he sure sounded sad. We talked about how most grandparents are most excited to see their own grandchildren. He is getting more and more perceptive to the nuances in the world. He also told me how he felt left out last time Daddy played with Griffin on the video games at Grandpa Jim's home at Christmastime. I had no idea he felt that way. So we talked with Daddy about it later when he came home.