Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Drew has been often crawling into bed with me, in the nursery while I am feeding Matthew early in the morning. He wants to be with me, he says. Often I am hesitant to let hhim, since he distracts Matt so much. He cannot take his eyes off his much older brother, once he sees him nearby. But I didn't want to discourage his tender feelings, so I let him crawl in with us. He often says when he sees Matt feeding, 'He looks so cute when he feeds that way' and comes right up close to Matt's face to see up close what is going on.

He and Bethany helped him dance in his jumper today in the kitchen while I made them lunch and enjoyed it. Bethany has a little song she does whenever she 'dances' him 'do the baby dance, do that baby dance...'

Drew chose out of a hat the role of Mr. Q to play in a wedding last Friday between Mr. Q and Miss U. How lucky! Of course the teachers tried, and succeeded, at making all the kids feel each of their jobs in the wedding was important. Bethany was a guest, as were several of Drew's other friends from preschool who are in the two afternoon K classes. Both classes were combined for this. I was not permitted to go for lack of room to stand in the room, but the teacher made me some picture copies!

The kids enjoyed playing in the snow today, while it was falling, and playing with the colored magic nuudles and the new books with their pictures and the moms' pictures in them. Bethany saw me making cross stitched baby bibs and asked if I might make one for new new cousin in California, so I made her one to give him. Nice that she was looking out for him!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?