Wednesday, April 16, 2003

Spring has sprung!! At long last - this MUST be the longest winter on record. Even more so for me as I have sort of stuck inside all winter with Matthew, since I was worried about him being too cold and not being able to tell me.

But last week when we were going for a stroll with the stroller, Drew, Matt and Rory and me, a touching thing happened. Never a dull moment with a little one! The was a big thick line near the curb at the corner of Clergy and Lutheran of snow, where the snowplow had piled up the snow from the last snowfall. It was about 6 inches deep, and sort of tough for me to push the stroller through. I was so focused on pushing the stroller through it that I did nnot realize that Drew had knealt down a few feet away and was carefully pushing the snow out of the way to make a small space for me to push it through. After I plowed through the snow line, Drew started crying. Sadly I found out that he was counting on me being grateful for the great job he did. I wished I had taken a picture of it, the carefully hand carved space of snow, about 16 inches wide. On the way back I was careful to use the space!

My good pal Kari, whose delightful daughter Bethany is 'married' to Drew, told me of an incident at her chiropractor's office a few weeks ago. Drew spends each Thursday at their home, when the children are not in school together. They had taken Drew along to the dr's office appt they had, and the children announced to the dr that they were married. The dr witnessed them kissing, hugging and holding hands. she noted to Bethanys' older brother who is 8, "Boy, they really go at it, we'll have to watch out for those two" and Kari chimed in, "Oh, it's okay, they are married after all" (smiling). She told me of how the dr could hardly stop laughing after that. Their friendship has worked out so very well, it is just amazing, they have grown to get along pretty well most of the time,a dn when they don't they often work it out among themselves. They are very much alike temperment wise, and they live very closeby, close enough to walk in about 8 minutes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?