Tuesday, May 13, 2003
DREW BEGAN crying spontaneously the other day and of course I asked him why. He replied that a girl in school whom he was fond of had given him an acorn. He said she did not like him much, but Bethany told him that this meant that she wanted to be friends forever. He was devastated when he lost the acorn, and felt so badly he needed major comforting. How precious, and how innocent the emotions of the little ones.
Drew and Bethany had a ball playing Forget it this am before school, a game the Fayetteville Keoughs gave him for Christmas. Good game, John and I really enjoyed it also. It is compact and will make a good game for the airplane ride later this week, on the way to Phoenix.
Mother's Day was great, albeit very low key and we really did not have any plans at all. I am afraid just the busy-ness of daily life seemed to prevent me from thinking up something special to do and it was rainy and cloudy so it was not a good day for a river hike at Mine Falls. Drew had told me all week how he couldn't wait for this day so he could give me the presents he had for me. Such anticipation and excitement on his face! On the big day John was in the shower getting ready for church and Drew told me he wanted me to open my presents now and I asked if we could wait for Daddy and he replied he could not wait. So I opened them and he made me a lovely card with feathers and beads glued on (made at Bethany's house) and bright glitter glue used to write the words 'Happy Mothers' Day, love, Drew'. Boy was he ever proud of it! I do believe it was the finest card I received. He also made a pin in school for me with a flat wood piece in the shape of a heart and the figure of flowers stamped onto it, and colored in. He had taken care to color one of the 'hyacinths' (my favorite flower) blue, since he knows my favorite flower and my favorite color. Wow, such care taken with it. Drew also took care to collect about 20 dandelions from various yards nearby, while on a walk the day before and present them to my lap. We made a gorgeous bouquet of them in water on the coffee table and there has never been such love all over the table as that morning!
Drew and Bethany had a ball playing Forget it this am before school, a game the Fayetteville Keoughs gave him for Christmas. Good game, John and I really enjoyed it also. It is compact and will make a good game for the airplane ride later this week, on the way to Phoenix.
Mother's Day was great, albeit very low key and we really did not have any plans at all. I am afraid just the busy-ness of daily life seemed to prevent me from thinking up something special to do and it was rainy and cloudy so it was not a good day for a river hike at Mine Falls. Drew had told me all week how he couldn't wait for this day so he could give me the presents he had for me. Such anticipation and excitement on his face! On the big day John was in the shower getting ready for church and Drew told me he wanted me to open my presents now and I asked if we could wait for Daddy and he replied he could not wait. So I opened them and he made me a lovely card with feathers and beads glued on (made at Bethany's house) and bright glitter glue used to write the words 'Happy Mothers' Day, love, Drew'. Boy was he ever proud of it! I do believe it was the finest card I received. He also made a pin in school for me with a flat wood piece in the shape of a heart and the figure of flowers stamped onto it, and colored in. He had taken care to color one of the 'hyacinths' (my favorite flower) blue, since he knows my favorite flower and my favorite color. Wow, such care taken with it. Drew also took care to collect about 20 dandelions from various yards nearby, while on a walk the day before and present them to my lap. We made a gorgeous bouquet of them in water on the coffee table and there has never been such love all over the table as that morning!