Friday, May 02, 2003
Drew was recently reading one of his First Readers, as he has begu n to read this past winter, and he came to a story that contained the word gray. The children are asked to come up with words that rhyme with gray and use the word gray in a sentence. He wasted little time answering, 'Mommy's hair is turning gray'. Boy was I surprised to hear his sentence. Yes,it is turning gray, but I had no idea he noticed!
On the way to gymnastics this am Matthew was cooing beautifully and loudly and Drew was mimicking him all the way; they created quite a loud chorus! It was really something to hear the two of them going at it.
Last night we gave to Drew one of the extra fortune cookies from lunch together (we met John for lunch at the Spit Brook location of Lilac Blossom) and he opened it to read "A small gift will bring joy to everyone" and he immediately exclaimed that it had to be written about the lego kit he bought that day after lunch with his own money. When I reminded him withh a smile that it brought joy to him and Daddy, who play legos together, but not to myself, Matt or Rory, he agreed. Then he looked lost in thought and replied, "It must mean Matt, he is a small gift that brings joy to everybody". wow, was I ever proud. The first few months after Matt was born I never would have guessed Drew would come so far with his love for his brother to ever say something like that.
On the way to gymnastics this am Matthew was cooing beautifully and loudly and Drew was mimicking him all the way; they created quite a loud chorus! It was really something to hear the two of them going at it.
Last night we gave to Drew one of the extra fortune cookies from lunch together (we met John for lunch at the Spit Brook location of Lilac Blossom) and he opened it to read "A small gift will bring joy to everyone" and he immediately exclaimed that it had to be written about the lego kit he bought that day after lunch with his own money. When I reminded him withh a smile that it brought joy to him and Daddy, who play legos together, but not to myself, Matt or Rory, he agreed. Then he looked lost in thought and replied, "It must mean Matt, he is a small gift that brings joy to everybody". wow, was I ever proud. The first few months after Matt was born I never would have guessed Drew would come so far with his love for his brother to ever say something like that.