Tuesday, March 09, 2004

I was just recalling a very humorous situation with Drew, while I was wracking my brain trying to think of a story. Drew's first grade class is expected to bring in a story with the child tomorrow. I was recalling when I stepped into church one day, one quiet afternoon, to say a prayer shortly after CCD had begun in the fall. Drew had been instructed by his teacher and the priest at church to come in whenever and say a prayer, for Jesus is present on the altar, especially on Mondays, for the adoration of the eucharist. Well, I knelt down to pray and I guess Matt was in a car seat restrained next to me. Focused on my prayer I did not pay attention to Drew for a few minutes and when I looked I was aghast seeing him just calmly and casually walking around on the altar. Well, I hurriedly whispered to him to get back here, that children are not supposed to be up there. He replied to me confidently that it was okay, for the priest had said that on Mondays Christ is present on the altar, and urged everyone to come in then for reflective time. Of course I was proud of him for paying attention and taking the priest's words to heart. He was looking for Jesus!

~Mary, 3-8-04

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?