Thursday, April 08, 2004

Hello all,

This morning was pretty amusing for me, as I prepared the boys' breakfasts and made Drew's lunch. It has been more complicated for the past week and a half, as he has a very loose tooth making it difficult to eat without pain. He often moans and groans during meals and I can't help wanting to help. This morning I did - I smushed bananas in a bowl and poured on the honey, just the way Drew likes. He has told me that even soft foods lately have been bothering him, because he has been tugging at the tooth with his tongue to loosen it and it has gotten irritated. So I was proud of smushing the bananas but he was so disturbed upon seeing it. He said he felt like a baby having to eat such soft food, no matter how I told him I did it for his own good and out of love. I finally told him to just eat because school was starting soon. Then he complained of how matt would surely laugh at him for eating 'baby food' and I assured him that Matt doesn't notice what he is eating, let alone know anything about embarrassment. The only thing Matt notices about Drew's plate is if it contains food that Matt wants (he is 18 months now)! So I pulled Matt's high chair across the kitchen to the sink where I was filling the dishwasher and we both did out best not to watch him. He ate his bananas and honey while our backs were to him, and off to school he went. Wow, it is amazing the lengths he will go to prove what a 'big boy' he is these days. Any hint of being treated like a child is the worst thing in the world!

Thursday, April 8, 04

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?