Monday, May 10, 2004
It is Monday morning after Mothers' Day. John just arrived home from a business trip to Miami on conference Friday, having been gone for five days. It is unusual for him to be gone - he goes away about 2-3 times a year this year. On Friday he had been gone for five days now and I was bushed, especially having been up til midnight many nights happily working on making a quilt for my dear dear friend Denise. So as I heard the phone ring in the kitchen, many steps away from where I was lying on the carpet playing with Matt, I just let it ring. John started talking and as I listened and contemplated going to the phone, Matt ran into the kitchen hearing him talk to the machine. He stared at the answer machine, just weeping. It was priceless. Wow, he has never done that before. Quite a moment to remember.
Drew and we were talkng at the dinner table yesterday about going to Syracuse this Memorial Day to take part in the memorial for Aunt Rosy and we discussed briefly cremation and how her body would be put into the ground alongside her Mom's and Dad's. We also discussed how some opt to have their ashes put into the ground and others request loved ones to sprinkle them into a special place in this world, such as a loved spot in nature. He thought a moment or two and responded, 'I know exactly where I would like to be put when I die.' When we asked he responded,'I want to be sprinkled all over Ethan's house.' Ethan is his favorite pal and lives kitty corner across the street at the end of the cul de sac. They are 1 year apart and do everything together, but most importantly they share a very special love - love of Bionicles™. They could play with bionicles til the cows some home!
Drew and we were talkng at the dinner table yesterday about going to Syracuse this Memorial Day to take part in the memorial for Aunt Rosy and we discussed briefly cremation and how her body would be put into the ground alongside her Mom's and Dad's. We also discussed how some opt to have their ashes put into the ground and others request loved ones to sprinkle them into a special place in this world, such as a loved spot in nature. He thought a moment or two and responded, 'I know exactly where I would like to be put when I die.' When we asked he responded,'I want to be sprinkled all over Ethan's house.' Ethan is his favorite pal and lives kitty corner across the street at the end of the cul de sac. They are 1 year apart and do everything together, but most importantly they share a very special love - love of Bionicles™. They could play with bionicles til the cows some home!