Sunday, May 16, 2004

Matt has been showing great interest in dogs, especially Rory. We have a board book that teaches counting with pictures involving increasing numbers of Weimaraners (photos by Wegman, of course), and Matt is really into it. I had read it to him a few minutes prior to starting another book that he usually likes ("Rainbow Sea," with lots of shiny stuff), when he got off my lap after just two pages and took the book out of my hand, replacing it with the Weimaraner book! Once I made it clear I would read it again, he climbed back into my lap to look and listen.

Afterwards, I had Matt in the sunroom swing which he was enjoying. Mary had come in to find her shoes, and Matt smiled but was still content to keep swinging. The moment Rory came in the sunroom to join us, Matt leaned in his direction, reached out and started whining to get down. I got him down, and he ran over to Rory to start petting him, smiling and giggling all the while. I have seen him enjoy petting Rory before, and he certainly likes to do things for Rory (he has taken to begging at the dog treat jar for something to give Rory). Still, this is the first time I have seen him want to stop something he was enjoying to go pet his dog. No doubt they will remain good buddies for the rest of Rory's life.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?