Monday, July 26, 2004

Good afternoon! Drew went bike riding on his two wheel bike this am with Matt and me at the Nashua River Rail Trail, a paved pathway through the dense forests of northern MA. We found the terminus of the trail that begins at the state line a few miles from here on the Nashua-Hollis border. Anyhow, when one of the roads that intersects with the trail was dug out for fixing, there was a 20 foot long piece of dirt road over which we had to ride when we went into the city of Pepperell. We crossed over it and rode into the city a few hundred yards. I was on blades and Matt helmeted into his seat in the baby jogger, all cozy with his blanket secure in his mouth and cup of milk. He was quite a sight. When we quickly turned around to go back, we were going downhill a bit too quickly. I did not have enough time to slow down though I was not going fast, just fast enough to hit the dirt with too much speed. I fell down on the dirt face first. I got quite a laceration on my knee, covered in dirt. I gingerly got up and dusted myself off and realized that my knee took a bad fall. I had no choice but to blade all the way back to NH, about four or five miles. I have gone that far before after a fall. I went ahead about 20 feet to where Drew was and asked if he saw my spill. He said yes, he did, but when he realized that the construction trucks were not going to run over me, he stayed put. I dripped water over my red and brown knee and hoped the water was washing more dirt off than into it. Drew said 'Don't worry, Mommy, we can go slow since you wrecked your knee.' and I just had to hug him.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?