Thursday, July 01, 2004

This evening dinner ended and I announced that all the children who had behaved well that day would go out for ice cream. I only did this for a little bit of drama and also for Drew to think about the connection of special things to behaving well, and to think about his behavior in terms of possibly bringing good things. Well, it might not have been my brightest idea, for he just burst into tears. I asked him why and he didn't really answer. When I asked if it was because he felt he did not behave really well today, smiling at him, he kind of grinned. He could tell I had him cornered. he actually behaved better than the day before, when he was trying very hard all day to annoy me. In the end, though, only Drew went to get ice cream, as Matthew needed to go to bed. How ironic. ~mary

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?