Saturday, August 07, 2004
I was doing some repairs one evening in the same room that Drew was watching one of his new favorite shows, "Teen Titans." The start of the show came on, the first time I had heard the intro song. Well, the song was clearly in another language, and it didn't take long to figure out that it was in Japanese, and I remarked to Drew that the show must have come from Japan. Drew said that it couldn't have come from there, since it was in English. I tried to explain that they had just replaced the voices with voices in English. He didn't believe me! The song was still playing while I tried to convince him. Just then, the only part of the song that was in English (the title, "Teen Titans," with a distinct accent, no less) played, and he exclaimed, "See! It IS in English! It's not Japanese!" He had a look of triumph on his face as he said this! I tried to explain that though the title was spoken in English, the rest certainly was not, but he had his proof that I was wrong! I just had to chuckle and keep working on the wall repair.
John
John