Saturday, August 07, 2004
Yesterday I had Sesame St. on TV for Matthew while I assigned Drew to clothes folding on the sofa in the same room. Eventually Matt wandered off to the sunroom as he usually does, leaving Drew watching it. Now Drew would never choose to sit himself down and turn on SS but if if any of Matt's shows are on, Drew will often watch it peacefully, even with interest! I only know this because I oftent ry to get his attention and he is glued to the screen not noticing me talking to him. anyhow, I was nearby and mentioned to him that he could change the channel to something pleasant for him and me if he cared to. I said 'Hey, how about George Shrinks' a cute show about a 3 inch boy and his normal sized family. he replied that he did not watch George anymore, as he did for most of first grade. Now he mostly watches shows on Cartoon Network, havingegrated little interest in PBS shows for children anymore. anyhow, I mentioned that he wouldn't watch George Shrinks anymore, but he would watch Sesame St. now? and he smiled a tiny smile at me while still keeping an eye on the TV and kept folding. I left the room to do something and came back ten minutes later and fure enough he was still watching it! Surprise, surprise.
Drew is at a friend's home for the night and will come back to us around mid afternoon from chris Burt's. The boy has a tree housek, which will be very exciting for Drew, he has never been in one to my knowledge. John and I went out to Mile Away, a historic restaurant built in a barn from 1746 in a town that literally does not exist anymore. The town name has changed as the original town disintegrated after 24 years. Neat place - looked very quaint and perfect for a very special winter holiday dinner, with holiday lights and wide wooden planks top to bottom. Very beautiful. This was our seventeenth anniversary celebration. John gave me a pearl necklacein the car, carefully watiign for Drew to watch me open. Beautiful!!
Drew is at a friend's home for the night and will come back to us around mid afternoon from chris Burt's. The boy has a tree housek, which will be very exciting for Drew, he has never been in one to my knowledge. John and I went out to Mile Away, a historic restaurant built in a barn from 1746 in a town that literally does not exist anymore. The town name has changed as the original town disintegrated after 24 years. Neat place - looked very quaint and perfect for a very special winter holiday dinner, with holiday lights and wide wooden planks top to bottom. Very beautiful. This was our seventeenth anniversary celebration. John gave me a pearl necklacein the car, carefully watiign for Drew to watch me open. Beautiful!!