Friday, September 10, 2004

Last week I was at Hannaford pulling in (grocery) and realized I left my pourse at home. Darn! When I told the children I had to go all the way backhome (1 mile) and get my purse and go back. Drew was not pleased. I toldhim that actually if Daddy was home from work then I would leave them with him and I would go back myself. he replied that he was old enough to be onhis own he is 7 3/4). i replied 'What about Matt?' he told me he would take carte of him and that he could handle it , no problem. I was touched that he would even be willing to care for his brother. He knows how much care Matt requires. he was quite discouraged when I told him that it was not okay for him or matt to be home alone, and to wait a few more years.

last evening he told us that his posterior hurt and we thought from what he was saying that it was probably his first bout with constipation. We told him that one of us had to examine his behind to see if we could see what was wrong. he was mortified - he is at a VERY modest age. the only thing he would agree to was that we could come in and examine him while he was sleeping. So sure enough night time came and before John and I went to bed we went to examine him with a flashlight and rory followed us in. he saw us and said 'Make rory get out'! yes, he did not want rory to see his naked behind. Reminds me of how sometimes he is changing and gets upset if Matt might have seen him. how funny ! Matt does not even know about modesty and shame.

It was very touching to see Dad reading a book to matt - a scene I don't believe I have seen. I should have gotten a picture while I had the chance.

We are off in the am to hunt down our next home. goodnight...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?