Thursday, December 23, 2004
Drew went to see Santa at the boy Scout store last Saturday. John came home telling me how relieved Drew was to be told in so many words that he was on the "good list!" He was charming telling Drew there were things he would not be getting like a motorcycle and others...Laura Beckwith today told me that she overheard Drew telling her brothers that parents are Santa and did they believe in Santa. They replied that they did. I was shocked!! We talk about Santa almsot daily now at this time of the year and he has never let on the leats little bit that he has had other thoughts about Santa. What a surprise! I asked him about Santa today, just as coyly as I could possibly do and he seemed completely innocent. John is convinced that this must be the last year of this charade with Drew. Actually we are quite surprised he is still believing, if he is at all. Very hard to say. I would have had to actually ask in so many words today if I was going to find out the truth, and I sure didn't want to do that, in case there was a part of him that still wants to believe, as it appears is the case.
Off to Vicki's and Dana's tomorrow for Christmas '04, and we are so excited. We have been preparing for weeks and have a lot packed and Rory packed and the boys...just need to pack my tops and pants and get our outerwear. Now to just pray for lots of naptime for Matty in transit tomorrow...
Off to Vicki's and Dana's tomorrow for Christmas '04, and we are so excited. We have been preparing for weeks and have a lot packed and Rory packed and the boys...just need to pack my tops and pants and get our outerwear. Now to just pray for lots of naptime for Matty in transit tomorrow...