Monday, August 29, 2005
This is the "Zukes Me" era. Yes, that is right. We hear this delightful phrase a lot lately now, from Matt. It means, of course, "excuse me." I have to almost laugh right out loud when I hear this. Today I heard him say "Zukes me, Rory" when trying to squeeze past Rory.
Tonight I was on the computer (Mommy's friend, as Drew would say), and I overheard Matty bump into the wall nearby me. He said "Wall, don't hurt Matty, okay?" just like I say to the article of furniture that 'hurts' the children. Then he said in a high pitched voice, like I do, "OK" really sweetly. He was totally mimicking what I do when the kids bump into furniture – making as if it were hurting the kids! I was almost wetting my pants, it was so funny, for now I knew that Matt knows I make that voice for the walls and furniture!
Tonight I was on the computer (Mommy's friend, as Drew would say), and I overheard Matty bump into the wall nearby me. He said "Wall, don't hurt Matty, okay?" just like I say to the article of furniture that 'hurts' the children. Then he said in a high pitched voice, like I do, "OK" really sweetly. He was totally mimicking what I do when the kids bump into furniture – making as if it were hurting the kids! I was almost wetting my pants, it was so funny, for now I knew that Matt knows I make that voice for the walls and furniture!