Tuesday, August 23, 2005
The truffle Incident!
I just told John about the incident which occurred today. Matty and Drew and I were planning to take Rory for a walk around the block. It was approaching the bewitching hour and I needed to get out of the house! Besides which, Matty was getting testy. So we all went out front and I was getting Rory attached to his leash, when Matty requested a truffle. At that moment I realized that on each of the previous two walks we had had, I had brought along truffles to give out to the family members. Sadly I told him we were not having any today ,as it was right before dinner. (Those Lindt truffles have become all too hard to resist as they are right at the cashier of our grocery, staring me in the face.)
Wow, near meltdown. It was not a precious moment to remember - the crying. So I insisted we walk Rory. But I got distracted and put away some stuff I saw out in the garage. Meanwhile Matty snuck away, unbeknownst to me. Two minutes later Matty appeared in the driveway, unabashedly attempting to eat the last truffle he found in a drawer. Such audacity! I had to take it away. Matt ended up crying all the way up the block.
I just told John about the incident which occurred today. Matty and Drew and I were planning to take Rory for a walk around the block. It was approaching the bewitching hour and I needed to get out of the house! Besides which, Matty was getting testy. So we all went out front and I was getting Rory attached to his leash, when Matty requested a truffle. At that moment I realized that on each of the previous two walks we had had, I had brought along truffles to give out to the family members. Sadly I told him we were not having any today ,as it was right before dinner. (Those Lindt truffles have become all too hard to resist as they are right at the cashier of our grocery, staring me in the face.)
Wow, near meltdown. It was not a precious moment to remember - the crying. So I insisted we walk Rory. But I got distracted and put away some stuff I saw out in the garage. Meanwhile Matty snuck away, unbeknownst to me. Two minutes later Matty appeared in the driveway, unabashedly attempting to eat the last truffle he found in a drawer. Such audacity! I had to take it away. Matt ended up crying all the way up the block.