Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Yesterday at breakfast the msot amazing and unexpected thing happened. Wow. I emailed several people right away when this occurred, that was how cool it was. For ages now, we go over Drew's weekly Bible verse memorization during breakfast. We often forget during all the commotion and busy-ness of the morning that Matty is watching and listening and taking everything in. How often I forget this!
So in the middle of me packing lunches, making bereakfast, making myself espresso and making sure Drew was memorizing his current verse, we heard Matty saying something. I didn't recognize what he said, so I asked him to repeat it (with everyone talking at once, it gets a bit crazy here), and, sure enough, he was quoting the Bible verse of last week's. It went something like this "And he went out, not knowing where he was going" from Hebrews 11:8. Neat. He got lots of unexpected attention, once we recognized he was quoting the Bible at age 2, so he kept it up. All AM, I noticed him quoting the Bible verse.
So in the middle of me packing lunches, making bereakfast, making myself espresso and making sure Drew was memorizing his current verse, we heard Matty saying something. I didn't recognize what he said, so I asked him to repeat it (with everyone talking at once, it gets a bit crazy here), and, sure enough, he was quoting the Bible verse of last week's. It went something like this "And he went out, not knowing where he was going" from Hebrews 11:8. Neat. He got lots of unexpected attention, once we recognized he was quoting the Bible at age 2, so he kept it up. All AM, I noticed him quoting the Bible verse.