Saturday, October 29, 2005
Today Drew came home from his soccer game, at which they played a team dressed mainly in blue, which it seems, is the same nickname given him by Matty. Matt cannot say is DRs very well at all, being a typical 3 year old, and so it comes out sounding like "Blue" when he calls Drew by name. So Drew said to me "Something funny happened to me at the game." I asked what and he told me this. The other team was being called "Blue, come here!" and Drew looked up right away, of course, and it caught his attention fully. Before he went, though, he realized that it was the opposing team that they were calling to come here. At first, when Matt began calling Drew that, he did not care for it. Lately it seems he kind of likes it, and even has begun to let me call him that. What an affectionate name. In fact one of Drew's fave shows on TV is a show of a boy with an imaginary friend named "Bloo" on it ("Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends").
At the Halloween party last night at Kim Racette's, Matt came up to me and said "Mary?," and I realized I was hearing him say my name for the very first time. How neat to hear him say my name (what others call me). He did it a few other times that night and I liked it. Before that night, he never called me Mary, it must have been just being around, and hearing others call me "Mary." Tonight, he asked me what my name is, and I told him it is Momm,y and he asked again, and I told him it is "Mary." Then he was satisfied, and did not ask again.
At the Halloween party last night at Kim Racette's, Matt came up to me and said "Mary?," and I realized I was hearing him say my name for the very first time. How neat to hear him say my name (what others call me). He did it a few other times that night and I liked it. Before that night, he never called me Mary, it must have been just being around, and hearing others call me "Mary." Tonight, he asked me what my name is, and I told him it is Momm,y and he asked again, and I told him it is "Mary." Then he was satisfied, and did not ask again.