Friday, April 21, 2006

"GO BACK TO BED!!"

Last night I took over Drew's spot in his bed while he took my spot in my bed, for Matt had been sick again, vomiting in the afternoon. I wanted to go to bed knowing that if Matt needed me during the night I would be there for him, so when the kids are sick I sleep in their room. So this morning I dragged myself out of bed and helped Drew get ready for school and make his lunch when I arrived in the kitchen. Matt was desperately hungry, having vomited the night before and not having been allowed to eat after that, according to this nurse's instructions. So I found Matt in the kitchen freely eating cranberries. He was SUPPOSED to be on a strict diet of clear liquids for 24 hours! After that - to be on a bland diet for another 24 hours, then 'normal' food after tht. So i took the berries away as gently and kindly as I could, explaining to him. Wow, he was SO MAD he yelled at me "GO BACK TO BED!!" I was so shocked for we never see Matt so belligerent. I think I laughed right out loud. Fortunately he did not get sick from having had his diet advanced prematurely. Poor kid; he was so hungry. he didn't want any of the broth and apple juice I could offer, jsut the forbidden fruit.

mary

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?