Tuesday, April 11, 2006
puppy love
Drew's school had their annual walkathon to raise money for the school Friday at Arroyo del Oso park nearby here. It was a super fun day for all out in the abundant sunshine. Terribly I forgot to send him with sunscreen and sure neough he got a bit of a burn. just a bit. Saturday he told me that one of his classmates, a very pretty girl names Brianna continued to come up to him and want hugs. Well today she came up to him while they were walking and told him something like this 'this is really hard for me to say but I have to tell you - I am in love withyou.' She also told him she wanted to kis shim. Wow, I guess I wasn't expecting this sort of thing quite so early - in the third grade. Drew has been very kind to her as she came into class during the year as a new student. he knew what that was like - for being new to 2 different school last year. so I think he made a p;oint of giving her some neat sutff from his lunch box and jsut generally being kind. I dropped him off at 8:10 a few mornings ago and there she was wanting a hug from him and I encouraged him to giver her one but he is relaly not into it for the boys give him heck if he does. There is one boy, a very macho boy named Jacob who told him he did the 'right thing' by not hugging her one day!