Sunday, June 04, 2006

She's family after all

I was talking to Jessica this evening, a very nice talk after many weeks of going without talking. She has three kids now. Wow. She helped us raise Drew from an infant when I was stricken with postpartum depression, and desperately needed help, especially at nights when Drew would need feeding. She just about saved our sanity then.

I just finished making her youngest baby a quilt for the wall, a decoration. I will do it up with decorative footprints when I receive the tracings from Jes and Scott. I will be so excited to add then to the already decorated quilt, decorated with color, that is. I told Jes of Drew's reaction to our inability to see her when visiting Phx in March for spring break. We were in town for various reasons that popped up, and it was such a short visit, we couldn't get our schedules to coincide, Jes and us. So we resolved to get together next time we are in town. Anyhow, when I notified Drew, who of course was looking forward to seeing Jes, his godmother, he was so sad. I knew he would be sad but this level of sadness I was not really expecting. When I asked him what was making him so sad about not seeing Jessica's family this visit (for she has no children his age to see) he replied "Well, she is family after all."

Of course I didn't correct him. She IS family in all the ways that matter. Always will be.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?