Thursday, August 10, 2006

"The Look"

Tuesday evening, we went out for a stroll in the neighborhood. The sun had already gone down, so we were losing daylight quickly as we left. To save time, I did not stop to drink the glass of ice water I had poured - I took it with me. Nobody else expressed interest in my water, so I drained the glass before long. Well, we were coming down the bike trail, back towards the house, and Matt, perched on Mary's back, was offered his sippy cup with milk in it. He said he would rather have some of my ice water, instead. When I told him I had drunk all of it already, he proclaimed, "You're supposed to share!" The look he gave me then was SO funny! He had this scowl I have never seen on him, as he tried to glare at me to express his anger about this injustice!

Even after explaining that I did not know he wanted some of the water, and that I certainly would have shared with him had I known he wanted some, he kept up "The Look." He was SO indignant about this turn of affairs, that I could not help laughing when I would look at him! He actually kept up "The Look" all the way home, but quickly forgot all about the water, once he got involved with getting ready for bed. It seemed like the point, in his eyes, was that he is told by us often that he needs to share things, and he could not believe the parents who tell him to share wouldn't share (at least in his interpretation of what happened).

John

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?