Sunday, October 15, 2006

Fickle Four-Year-Old

We had just headed home after meeting up for dinner following Drew's soccer game and haircut. We split the boys up again for the ride home, with Matt coming in my car. Matt wasn't paying too much attention when we split up after dinner, so he was a little unhappy that he was in my car, instead of his more familiar seat in Mary's car. Close to getting home, he said, "I'm sad I'm not in Mom's car." I asked why, and he replied, "Because I don't like you." I was really taken aback, since he sure seemed to understand what he was saying. Even though he is only four, and doesn't comprehend a lot of things, I was still hurt. I told Mary about it when we got home, and she talked to Matt about it. He remembered saying it, but it appeared that he was mostly saying that he preferred to ride with Mommy. When Mary told Matt, that it hurt my feelings, he paused a moment and said, with great sincerity, "OK, I like you now." That was too funny!

John

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?