Thursday, October 19, 2006

flowers

We had a bit of a rough day yesterday, right at the bewitching hour. I had a number of stresses, due to so many different sources. I told Drew and Matty to go take Rory for a walk and it seemed like forever til they were finally ready. I had so much on my mind, and felt there was an overwhelming amount to do: so many errands to catch up on that I would never get caught up.. it was a most depressing feeling and it got me quite irritable. Sadly, I snapped at the boys who were taking too long getting out the door. Matty came back a few minutes later saying it was too cold to walk, so I had them put on jackets. Drew hadn't remembered a bag for Rory (if he eliminated). Ao there were so many things holding them up from leaving that it seemed I would never have a moment ALONE to catch my thoughts and be able to think. It has been hard lately to think and organize my thoughts, for Matty talks 24/7. wow. Now he is a total delight and soooooo fun to spend my days with, but wow, the talking overwhelms me often.

When they returned, it made me quite ashamed of how harsh I had been, especially when Drew was carrying a sweet bouquet - the prettiest I ever saw- of purple asters from the field and yellow flowers as well - for me. This is so like Drew to think of me when he has been yelled at. I thanked him and then again did so the next am. He said it was no trouble, for he got them to calm me! (he said it respectfully and kindly) wow, I laughed! and huggedhim. he said it was to make me happy took, but mostly to help calm me. wow, this child is so special.

When I record stories like thisi one, poignant stories that every parent has, i wish I could better remember my own childhood so i could retell stories of me to the children.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?