Thursday, October 19, 2006

Friends

I was searching all over house for Drew - although this house is not THAT big. But nonetheless, I was getting awfully frustrated at not finding him – it is not like him to dispapear. Finally, I peeked out front to see him standing there, and then remembered that he had brought home, again, a grasshopper or cricket – in his lunchbox. Luckily, it was a very light homework night, so there was no rush to have to get that done. I yelled at him that I need to know where he is, if he leaves the house. He turned and happily came in, saying what a good time he had had with his darling cricket. He explained how they had become friends, after getting to know each other earlier at Hope, and being handled and all. He said the cricket liked him, and that they had "played tag on the front lawn." Drew adores wildlife, and especially insects. When I dispose of a spider in the house, I have to make double sure that Drew is not within half a mile, or he might see what is happening and break down in tears. Sometimes he will even give a dirty look and spit out the word, "Killer!"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?