Saturday, February 24, 2007

Urethra Madness

Well, this is a two part story; little did I know it would be a sotry, let alone a two-parter. One day I was eliminating in the bathroom, and as usual I leave the door open so that Matty can find me if he needs me. I could close the door now that he is four, and I donot have to view him each minute, but it is habit left over from earlier years when the kids were younger and I wanted them to reach me if they needed or at least for me to hear them. So Matty was walking down the hall when he saw me sitting down and exclaimed, "I can't believe girls pee out of their butts!!" Well! I was stunned and, I admit, even a bit defensive. I explained that girls do not 'pee out of their butts' but rahter, urinate out of their urethras; the only difference being that girls' urethras are in a different place than boys'. I told him that urethras are located close to the butt.

That was last week. This am I received an early birthday package from Vicki and Dana, and opened it even though my birthday is not for two days. It was sitting right there starting me in the face, I was impatient! So I opened it up, and I think Drew exclaimed that "Wow, it is a chile wreath," and to our surprise Matty piped up "A chile urethra? What is that???!" Wow, we all erupted in laughter. To think, a chile urethra! John was amazed to know he even knew the word! It was beautiful too, strung with garlic and all different sizes and shapes and colors of chiles, with purple flowers. Gorgeous! I always admire these things, ristras, but rarely buy one for me – must save every dollar for the boys' education now.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?