Friday, July 20, 2007
Matt mimics me
We often forget a round here that Maty is noticing every single thing going around him, and why shouldn't he? He is only human.
so he has noticed everyt ime I tell Drew all the teasing things I tell him. Often he will use his made up language or silly words and I respond playfully indignantly "Is that a new word they tught you at Hope Christian School???" when he uses his made up words. it is pretty funny and he always looks so embarrassed or maybe, it is amused, when I respond that way.
This past week I was astounded to hear Matty respondto Drew' smade up word with "Drew, is taht a word they teach you at Hope Christian School???!" for he knew it was one of Drew's made up words. wow, that is funny when I catch them mimicing me. Sometimes the children perform the tone, body motions, intonation and emphasis not at all badly! John said this evening that Drew "does a better mary than Mary"!
so he has noticed everyt ime I tell Drew all the teasing things I tell him. Often he will use his made up language or silly words and I respond playfully indignantly "Is that a new word they tught you at Hope Christian School???" when he uses his made up words. it is pretty funny and he always looks so embarrassed or maybe, it is amused, when I respond that way.
This past week I was astounded to hear Matty respondto Drew' smade up word with "Drew, is taht a word they teach you at Hope Christian School???!" for he knew it was one of Drew's made up words. wow, that is funny when I catch them mimicing me. Sometimes the children perform the tone, body motions, intonation and emphasis not at all badly! John said this evening that Drew "does a better mary than Mary"!