Friday, July 20, 2007
No, it's okay
This evening just before John came home, I noticed Matthew in his usual posture indicating he needs to do #2 on the toilet. I asked him "Matty, do you need to go use the toilet?" trusting I would get the honest answer and right answer. "No, it's OK." Well, he continued to maintain this posture - holding his butt pretty fiercely with his dominant hand. When he continued, of course, I TOLD him to go use the toilet,not knowing why he was refusing to go, when he needed to go. he told me so matter-of-factly "Mom, it's OK. It's all right now, I pushed it back in."
I was in shock - he pushed it back in?!?! Sounded like he cannot be bothered with having to go take care of nature's calling! So we got to the bathroom and he noticed a small amount of stool on his undies and said "Oh, great (looking all disgusted)!" and I asked what was the matter for accidents were commonplace here, he usually does not get so worked up. He replied "I thought I pushed it all back in, but here is this stain!"
Mary
I was in shock - he pushed it back in?!?! Sounded like he cannot be bothered with having to go take care of nature's calling! So we got to the bathroom and he noticed a small amount of stool on his undies and said "Oh, great (looking all disgusted)!" and I asked what was the matter for accidents were commonplace here, he usually does not get so worked up. He replied "I thought I pushed it all back in, but here is this stain!"
Mary