Friday, July 20, 2007

Reading!

Reading has begun! We hve entered a whole new world here, now that Matthew is reading. i have been "working" with him on phonics and word recognition and read to him a lot over the yeasrs,b ut still it has amazed us lately to discover out of the blue, that Matty can read. I have had him try out some beginning readers a ew times but he is resistant to tryng it much. so I try not to push it. but this morning we wer ereding Dr. Seuss's Hop on Pop, (What an awesome book for beginning readers!!! This brilliant book is worth gold.) He started saying waht was on each and every page. it is like the Leo the Late Bloomer bok we hvae, our little Matty seemingly bloomed almsot overnight. Very cool to see. He was jsut raking in all the compliments and enjlying ll the attention. I hope it is for real and that this "reading" is not a case of having memorized the words to the book. I suppose time will tell.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?