Monday, August 06, 2007

Better not chance it

This one was laugh out loud funny. Not that my children are any funnier than anybody else's, but I sure enjoy rereading these from the past. It has gotten so that we have been blogging for so long now that I have actually forgotten many of the incidents written about, for my memory doesn't last long. So it has proved really useful for me to have these recorded.

Anyhow, today's funny is-

The children and I were sitting eating lunch, and I was enjoying a V8 can of tomato veggie juice that Terry had left here the week before. I told the kids how I have heard one must aim for 5 servings of fruits/veggies per day, (nutritionists recommend), but by chance and no planning, I had prepared 6 for this meal for me- by far, a record for me for any one meal. I was impressed. There were 2 fruits in my yogurt salad, and 2 veggie servings in the V8 and 2 servings of bell peppers in a bowl. So I thought I was doing pretty well.

Drew looked over from the kitchen quizzically, with a concerned look on his face where he was cooking a quesadilla, and inquired "So how does that stuff taste?" and I asked if he was referring to the V8. I offered it to him and replied that it was super, if you like spaghetti sauce, as I do. Like spaghetti sauce but thinner and really energy-giving and cancer fighting, so who wouldn't feel good drinking it?. I told him he would love it since he loves spaghetti sauce. He came closer and stared at it and remarked (Drew has not been an open minded eater so far) "I'd better not chance it." Those were the exact words spoken. No joke. I almost wet my pants.

Mary

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?