Sunday, September 16, 2007
I was going to trick you
I am suffering from quite a flu this weekend, a lung type of flu. And it isn't even flu eason yet! Yikes. Anyhow, last week we had said tentatively that we would go to the state fair this weekend, Sunday to be exact. Well, I was miserable all day today, Sunday, so I was obviously not ready to go to a fair all day in the 85 degree heat. Drew was quite disappointed, to say the least. he wouldn't really let it go. He didn't understand that I was low on energy having sat round for days with fever and just couldn't yalk with a very sore, scratchy harsh voice (throat). So he later on told me "Mom, I have to confess, I was going to trick you into going to the fair." I smiled for there was no way anyone would be able to trick me into leaving the house that day, let alone going to the fair. This was obviously ten year old logic talking. He explained that he was going to write in invisible ink on the color wonder paper the words "I will promise to take my son to the fair today" and then have me sign it and afterward show me what was revealed on the color wonder paper what it actually says,( that I signed). That mischievous boy, I will have to watch him closer......