Saturday, January 05, 2008

Tidbits 2

Here are some more that I found:

Matt had been napping late in the afternoon, and it was time to wake him. When I got him awake, he asked me, "Is today tomorrow?" I sure didn't know how to answer that, except to tell him that today could only be today. He asked again, and it dawned on me that he might be unsure how long he had slept. I asked if he was asking if he had slept through until morning, he told me he was! Suddenly, asking if today was tomorrow made a fair amount of sense!
********
Mary served cheese soup for dinner one night, and it was a first for both of them. Naturally, they were both reluctant to try it. After a while, I asked Matt, "How is the cheese soup?" He replied with the "thumbs up" he has been using a lot lately to show his approval. I was a little suspicious, so I asked if he actually had any yet. Again, he gave a non-verbal reply, shaking his head, "No!"

Shortly after that, Drew finally screwed up enough courage to try his soup. As soon as he did, he exclaimed, "Hey! It's actually [catching himself about to give a back-handed compliment], er, uh, I mean, it's good!"
John

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?